Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hong Kong Again!!!

Of all the asian cities that I've been too (there's not that many - Singapore, KL, Bangkok, Seoul, Chiang Mai, Manila) Hong Kong is probably somewhere at the top of my favourite list. Despite the crowd and general air pollution (no sarcasm here) I could soooo live there if I was filthy rich and afford a nice place on the island side.

For a polluted city it is surprisingly 'clean' and you become accustomed to the occasional dirty, smelly episodes when walking near a drain.
As a person who's not a honkie nor speaks any Cantonese whatsoever except for the odd profanity and counting to 10, Hong Kong is beginning to feel like a second home - this is my third visit this year! You might remember my previous Hong Kong entry and my first trip to HK in Feb was before this blog became my pride and joy *cough*.

I just find it quite easy to navigate and most people speak english and they are not as rude as what they used to be :P

Anyhow, enough crapping on, here are a few pics from last night:

The fluorescent lights, somewhere in Central I think, or maybe not.


Alright, for some reason my blog has become something of a foodie blog, maybe more like a glutton's blog, but I have to show you what Smee and I found in the local 7-11. For those who can read chinese, it's Egg Tart ice cream!! YUM!!!! They had no individual servings so we were *ahem* forced to purchase a 6 pack.


Oh look, half of them are gone. Actually Smee's brother ate two.


Munching away.


Me munching too. We ate all 6 within 15 minutes because we didn't have a freezer in the hotel room.


After gorging ourselves on ice cream on the first night, we decided to go for a walk along Victoria Harbour. A pathetic attempt to burn off all that fat. I couldn't find a stable spot to put my camera (other than a dirty bin) so the night shots are a bit blurry. It didn't help that the air was smoggy too.


Another attempt at a night shot. The bluey-purple light is meant to say Samsung.

We also had a look at the 'Avenue of Stars', HK's equivalent to LA's Walk of Fame.

Jackie Chan's hands.


Andy Lau's hands.


Jet Li's hands. There were many more photos of other HK celebs, but I figure it's a bit boring to post all of them up here.


We walked past a statue of Bruce Lee and Smee couldn't resist posing.


Sitting in the directors chair after a hard day's work.


My turn in the director's chair.


Alright, I know I have an excessive amount of food on this blog but I absolutely INSIST that I show you this - Milk Tea and Pearl Sago ice cream! IT ROCKS!!!! Tastes exactly like Milk tea and the little sago balls are a nice surprise. Yum yum, dim sum.

No comments: