Sunday, July 16, 2006

Holiday continued

After our sumptuous stay in Manila (the Peninsula hotel kicks ass!), we had a brief stopover to Hong Kong.

I've always liked Hong Kong. I could live there but only if I was filthy rich. It seems to have cleaned up a bit since I was there a few years ago. Either that or my dirt tolerance was skewed from being in the Phillipines.

Anyway, we only had one day in Hong Kong but because of the poor nutrition of the past week, Smee and I were dying to have a good old asian feast. No shopping for this stopover, just eating will do. I managed to catch up with two friends in Hong Kong and yum yum, we had dessert.

Fair enough, the dry ice was a tad excessive, but for anyone who goes to Hong Kong check out Sweet Dynasty. My only regret was not trying more desserts, but rest assured, I will be returning there on my next trip!

Oooh and here's a pic of BB and JC. Two friends from college in Sydney.

Smee and I had planned out our day in Hong Kong. First stop was Yung Kee, a restaurant in Hong Kong famous for its roast goose. Who cares about bird flu? Not me! Hehehe... mmmmm, roast goose is YUMMY! If you've ever had roast duck, it just tastes the same except that goose tends to be meatier and less fatty.

A pic of me and Smee outside Yung Kee. I swear I'm not just standing outside of Hills in Box Hill or BBQ King in Sydney!

Ok, so it does look like ordinary Chinatown food but it's yummy! Crispy skin, meaty goose. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Dinner in Hong Kong involved Smee and I jumping on a train and then travelling by bus (triad bus or normal public bus) out to the coastal area of Sai Kung. Here is where you can pick your fresh seafood and have it cooked anyway you like.

We ate at Chuen Kee. Well not this particular one, but another one just walking distance away.


Some of the seafood available for your tasting pleasure:
A very sad looking octopus.

Some odd looking 'clams'.

More seafood!

Bamboo clams.

All of our food. Do keep in mind that it was only two of us at the table.
Clockwise from top left: Cheesy Boston Lobster, the obligatory fried rice, Kai Lan (just so we had a bit of green), I'm not sure why but these are called "Pissing Shrimp" fried in spicy salt and lastly Bamboo Clams in garlic, soy and spring onions. YUM!!!!!

A close up shot of the Cheesy Lobster. Mmmm mmm mmmmmmmm


Me and the food - ready to attack!


Smee teasing me with a Lobbie leg. Meanie.

No comments: