Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wave Rock

Talk about lack of commitment. Even with this brand new laptop and personal internet connection to my apartment in Adelaide, I still haven’t finished talking about my stay in Perth.

Anyhow, another touristy thing I insisted on doing was to visit Wave Rock. It’s some sort of nature’s sculpture, made from granite and shaped by wind and water. Quite pretty and spectacular but there is little else to do in the area.

Regardless, I was the youngest person on the tour – mind you I’m on the other side of 25, but the average age of the rest of the tour members was around 55 years. I think the next tour I take should be Contiki style.

Anyway, a few photos as evidence of my time at Wave rock.

The real rabbit proof fence. Yes, this was Australia’s way of preventing the bunny invasion from the east coast. I thought like Bugs Bunny, rabbits could burrow underground?

The Dog Cemetery

Here lies Scooby.

And err, Mandy?

Hippotamus Yawn. It really does look like a yawning hippo!

Our tour guide. Sorry for being cynical, but I masked his identity because I have doubts about him wearing indigenous face paint outside of tour hours.

Wave Rock. So pretty.


Papa and I being silly.

Papa trying to stop the wave alone.

No comments: