Sunday, July 16, 2006

Holiday time!

My travels with work were rudely interrupted with an overseas holiday to Manila and Hong Kong. Hahaha.

Manila was a new place for me. I was a bit restricted as to where I could/would travel alone for fear of my own safety, however that didn't hamper me from indulging in shopping, sleeping and a 4 hour session of body scrubbing, facials, manicure, pedicure and massage. Oh, and also blackening my lungs with the crisp, polluted Phillipine air.

The main issue with Manila is that it's very difficult to find any decent, healthy food. I resorted to eating Delifrance, Teriyaki Boy and some other Delifrance-style cafe only cos they were the only places that didn't serve deep fried chicken and spaghetti bolognaise (yes, they serve that on the same plate). Maybe I just wasn't in the right area, but all shopping centre food courts consisted of retailers selling all sorts of deep fried foods - you can get kang kong fried!. I admit I ate some Chicharon (deep fried crispy pork crackling), it was yummy for a second but a huge sense of guilt overcame me.

I didn't get too camera happy here, but here's a pic of me outside of SM Mall of Asia. It claims to be the 3rd largest mall in the world. It wasn't quite complete so unfortunately not all the stores were open.

Another thing about Manila is that everything is so cheap! Ralph Polos were ranging from $10-15!!!! I ended up buying about 5 cos it was cheaper to buy a new one than have it laundered at the hotel. There's a strong possibility the polos were fake, but I did buy them at a department store, albeit a dodgy one.

Here's me trying on a pair of shoes in Vincci. I bought 5 pairs of shoes! Not all Vinnci though. Ok, so 4 from Vinnci and one from Zara. Two pairs were thongs which I needed while traipsing around Manila, hence my purchase was completely justified. Hehehe, when in Asia, females must always visit Vinnci for their "disposable-wear-them-once-questionable-quality shoes". Oh, but what am I talking about? There's a few VNC (same thing, different name) stores in Sydney now. But c'mon, as if you want to pay for something that retails about 1/4 the price in Asia.


No comments: