Monday, July 17, 2006

Adelaide

Now, after my holiday in Manila and Hong Kong, it was time to return to face the world, this time in Adelaide.

My flight into Adelaide was a mess. Well not the flight itself, but rather how it was scheduled with my return from international waters. I flew in Melbourne at 11am and work had scheduled my flight from Melbourne to Adelaide at 2pm. As if I was going to go straight to Adelaide after an international flight with all my summer clothing in tow and no work clothes!!

I cracked the shits and said I wasn't taking the flight and went home from the airport. Hahahaha. I've had enough whingeing about admin issues. Anyway, they changed my flight to 7pm that night (notifying me at 3pm), which was more reasonable but a rush nonetheless. I basically dumped all my dirty clothes and re-packed my suitcase, filling it with winter work clothes for my 4 week stay in Adelaide.

I thought I didn't know anyone in Adelaide but I was lucky enough to run into a girl who studied in the year below me and also two guys who went through uni with me!


I would upload a pic of TT and I, but it's on my fone and I'm having difficulties uploading it. Damn computers and bluetooth. I'm no good with technical stuff.

Here's a pic of me, HK (left) and DP.

Look at the meat fest we had! Ugh.....nice but painful for me to eat.

Hmmm before going to Adelaide I had the impression it would be similar to Perth - a big friendly country town. I could live in Perth (if there was a forced choice) but I dont think I could do the same in Adelaide. You kinda have to pity Adelaide a bit though, cos it's too close to the other larger east coast cities. I decided to not sit here and bag Adelaide cos I have a feeling that the winter weather was a negative contribution to the atmosphere.

No comments: