Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dinner at Horoki and The Devil Wears Prada

As already mentioned on Moo's and Bao's blog, we went and watched The Devil Wears Prada last night. While you can read about the movie at Mooely's blog and also read Bao's errrr contribution (here and here), I'm going to focus on the important stuff - dinner!

Dinner included Jade, as well as SW (aka Dr. Wong's lovely sidekick) and Lil, whom I've never met before but is lovely too :D. I was well behaved and tried
not too have too much of a potty mouth. Hehehe. Anyhow dinner was at Horoki Casual Dining Bar, which I have never been before but was a nice surprise given that I am always on the prowl for good Japanese cuisine (read: not made by honkies) in Melbourne. I would definitely go there again for the cosy ambience, slightly fusion but not too try-hard food. We had the degustation menu for a mere sum of $35 (7 courses) and while it filled us bird-like eating females, I would recommend having something extra if any person of the testosterone variety decided to join dinner.

The interesting stuff - photos.
All of our teapots having a tea party.

Moo and J in her Target top - it's noice!
Bao and I not being stupid for once.


Course 1: Tuna carpaccio with shaved cheese - yummy!


Course 2: Me getting very excited about a sashimi salad.


Course 3: The obligatory sushi and nigiri.


Course 4: Gyoza filling stuffed into chicken wings.


Course 5: Garlic butter with octopus or squid, I can't remember.


Bao maintaining her asian identity and insisting on tearing up her bread with chopsticks only.


Course 6: Battered prawns. SW wasn't being sick, she just didn't want to be in the photo.


Course 7: Some kinda of beefy meatball. The photo is blurry because Moo doesn't know how to use my camera properly.

Dessert was a bit of pannacotta with a strawberry topping. Yummo!

After dinner, J, Lil and SW had to split and so Bao, Moo and I went to watch The Devil Wears Prada. I didn't bother to take any photos of us in the cinema because that would've been just too sad of me. I quite enjoyed the movie, possibly because I haven't read the book and I didn't check the time of my watch thoughout the movie at all! For all clothes loving girls, seeing the main character prance around in her designer clothes and perfect make-up is enough incentive to go and watch this movie. For all guys, unless they are gay, I would give it a miss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting in your blog. I saw that movie and found it rather entertaining. I think it's well worth seeing even for a guy!