Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rapid Creek and Mindil Beach Markets

Another day, another market. I was really getting in touch with my refugee side. This time, it was the Rapid Creek markets where I was told there was a bigger selection of tropical fruits to buy. I got really excited at the prospect of buying some mangosteen, longan and rambutan but none were in season! Not being a local, I just bought some more mangoes and jackfruit instead.


Lunch today was papaya salad. They make it fresh for you on the spot using a large pestle and mortar. Yum yum! I asked her to make it hot, but not too hot. Then I ate it and thought it wasn't hot enough. I should've just asked for extra hot.

I went back to Mindil Beach Markets that evening to enjoy a romantic time alone watching the sunset. I love Mindil Beach! The beach itself isn't anything special but I just really like the idea of having a market on the beach - it could do with a few more shops though.

Waiting for the sun to set.


Waiting for the sun to set was getting a bit boring, so I asked my Poffertjes (mini dutch pancakes) to keep me company. I ran to the beach to try and sit down so I could take a photo before the ice cream starting melting but it still looks like a mess. I had to have a banana - I needed brain food! Anyway, most ppl will know, I'm not a fussy eater and yes, this was yum.


Oh look, here's a little boy who magically appeared next to me as I was looking in the opposite direction. I pretended to not speak english and tried to take a photo of him but he was cheeky bastard who would look towards the sand whenever I attempted to photograph him.


Finally! The sun setting!

No comments: