Sunday, August 01, 2010

Another Handbag

Not much is happening in Rad-City so I shall blog about mundane stuff.  It's no secret that Cath Kidston has me under her spell.  Damn that woman and her seasonal prints!  You make me regularly stalk your website and regularly visit your store when I'm in London!

Anyway I realised that I forgot to post about my new found love - my Cath Kidston bucket bag.  I've wanted my own bucket bag for ages and yes I did buy one back here but I didn't end up using it and gave it to Ma instead.

I had trawled the website was settled on buying the Candy Flowers bucket bag but once at the store, I couldn't help but test drive other handbags in the mirror.  After to-ing and fro-ing between about five bags and 40 minutes later in the Selfridges Cath Kidston section, I decided that the Briar Rose bucket bag would be the wiser choice.  The Candy Flowers is a lovely bag but with it's bright pink detailing, I would find it difficult to pair it with much of my wardrobe.
I've already received some compliments which make me love it even more!  *hugs handbag*

I have to admit that when I look inside my bucket bag, it does look a little bit ker-razy madwoman-ish.  Like many women around the planet, I always found myself constantly rummaging through my bag searching for whatever the elusive item I was seeking.  I found that her printed zip pouches were very useful for organising my once-was "handbag full of crap".
The pink spotted pouch - lady things.  The red star pouch - make up.  (Ok I don't carry these two pouches all the time.)  The blue spot pouch  - medicinal items.  The strawberry pouch - oral hygiene items.  The blue flowery iPhone cover.  The green flowery public transport ticket holder.  

Crazy-looking?  It sure is, but I am able to locate items quickly!  Also when I change handbags, it is very easy just to throw the pouches into the new bag.  Hey presto! 

On a side note, I've noticed that David Jones has started to stock a small range of Cath Kidston bags.... at about 2.5 times the UK price!  Her products aren't overly expensive (but not exactly bargain basement either) but at 2.5 times the UK price, who on earth would pay that?!

7 comments:

J said...

wow that is definitely some hardcore cath kidston love u got going on there..

SuBoo said...

OK I know we discussed the pouches inside the bag but I really didn't expect to see this.
J is right. HARD. CORE.

Pooey said...

I know I know *hangs head like a shameful addict*

but... I can't control myself!!!!!

mallymoodle said...

The inside of your bag still looks crazy

Unknown said...

i bought "made" by kitson a book of how to make shit (i've been inspired by you peeps!!!!) from book depository.co.uk...coming soon! yayyyy

btw..never ever buy another book from an ozzie bookstore again-bookdepository.co.uk

did i mention..

bookdepository.co.uk??

Pooey said...

Yes I've seen 'Made' and it does show you how to make shit... but (not to dampen your spirit) a lot of reviews on amazon said it wasn't very good..

Both Suboo and I bought 'Sew!' by Cath Kidston though!! I have yet to sew anything though haha

I will use bookdepository when I finally can no longer use amazon in the UK

SuBoo said...

Yah I got Made but then swapped it for Sew. Not like I've done anything with it yet though hehehe