Thursday, July 29, 2010

Product of the Month

My last Product of the Month review was way back here.  But now that I've welcomed a new man into my life - my orthodontist - a new obsession with oral hygiene has developed within me and I feel the urge to share my thoughts about a product which has made my life easier.  (Off the topic - my orthodontist set off my gaydar big time, but then I found out he is married to a woman and has two children.  I guess I can't really pick them.)

Not that my teeth were dirty to begin with but my new man is so demanding that I floss and brush after every single meal.  Uuuuuuggghh it's actually quite an inconvenience especially as I sometimes don't have enough time to eat lunch as it is, let alone do the whole floss/brush routine.  However, I should look at the bigger picture because if I don't adhere to his requests I'll probably develop cavities, something which I can proudly say *beaming face* I've never ever had to deal with and don't really want to either.

Carrying floss in my handbag wasn't a big deal but having to carry a toothbrush and toothpaste, no matter how small was just plain annoying for me.  Enter the Colgate Wisp with their mini single-use brushes, each containing a freshening bead to eliminate the need for toothpaste and water for that matter!

Ok I admit this is not the most environmentally friendly product in the world and I do feel a bit guilty peeling back the foil seal, using the cotton-tip sized brush and then tossing it into the bin .... but for me, this is a much more convenient option.  Otherwise, if I sat an office desk all day and had plenty of time to brush my teeth at work, I wouldn't even think of buying the Wisp.

No comments: