Friday, July 16, 2010

Things You Eat When You're Alone Part VI

So, I had psyched myself up for a lonely person's meal and I decided that it would be at Wasai Japanese Kitchen.  I turned up to the half-full restaurant and asked for a Table For One.  The waitress said, "Sorry we're fully booked tonight."  As if I didn't already feel like a loser, I was a loser who got rejected!  So fine whatever, I ordered takeaway (not that waitress even suggested that as an option to me).

Waiting for my takeaway, two blokes came in and asked for a table.  The same waitress this time pulled some effort to see they could be slotted in but then they were given a 'No'.  Just as they were opening the door, she stopped them to let them know that some customers were leaving and if they could wait for five minutes then the table would be theirs.  Ok you could argue they were lucky but for f**k sake, this is a restaurant surely you have an idea of when patrons would be coming and leaving.  I was a bit pissed off.  I thought about giving the waitress a hard time, but instead I did what most people do and sat there fuming in silence.

My rage was only placated after I saw three more couples get rejected and so I'll try not to let this sour any future eating at Wasai.

Anyway, I thought I should redeem the recent food sins and hence my dinner choice tonight.
Salmon sashimi don. 

Seaweed salad.  

Salmon and seaweed hanging out together.

But.. I guess.. you're not going to see what I'm having for dessert!

1 comment:

Mama Chua said...

I must commend you for actually taking the food out of the containers and putting them on plates! So civil.

nom nom nom nom....