Thursday, July 08, 2010

Totoro (or Things You Buy When You're Alone)

I have wanted a Totoro plush toy since forever.  I only saw the movie a few years ago and whether I liked the movie or not, I still wanted a Totoro.  It's pretty stupid. 

However, I have been walking past this display for about a month now and it's killing me.
That giant Totoro comes almost to my hip! 

I have resisted temptation this far, but now with a 30% discount my purchase would be suitably justified!
I was so happy to have a friend with me here in Rad-City. 

The following day at work, I saw this mini Totoro and well, he only cost $9, so I guess I had to take him home too. 
Mini Totoro hanging out on my work desk. 

Now Big Totoro has a buddy in Mini Totoro.  It's great that they keep each other company when I'm away at work. 

6 comments:

J said...

Only you can get away with that Frannie...

Word verification for this post: poopped

mallymoodle said...

Mini Totoro loves Giant Totoro!

And you know they're having fun together when you're at work...TOY STORY 3 STYLE!!!

Mama Chua said...

OMG! Hahahahha.......you're nuts!!!

How are you going to transport this back to Melbourne??

Do you talk to them? I think you do.

Pooey said...

J - that's quite an appropriate word verification eh?

Moo - I'm so glad they have each other. I give them a pat every now and then too.

Mama Chua - I'm going to have to separate the buddies and will be bringing the big Totoro back this weekend. He'll sit with me on the plane. Yes, I do talk to them. I greet them when I return from work. It's not that odd. I'm just like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

SuBoo said...

HAAAAAAHaaahahhahahaaaa

Mama Chua said...

Ohhhhhhh........i saw him on Toy Story 3.......so cute! Lotso is very cute too, but evil!!!