Monday, August 23, 2010

Dinner at Horoki & Drinkies at 1806

The last time I ate at Horoki was in 2006.  Time sure flies.  Well, my main excuse was that I was living overseas.  I think that's a pretty decent excuse.  Moo made me crave Horoki like no tomorrow after her recent eating adventure, so to continue my celebrations of no longer having to eat alone (and also to compensate for my food sins in Rad-City), Moo, Sem and I went there tonight.
Our teapot party.  

Moo, the wise one, suggested that as three little women we should order at least six dishes.  That might sound excessive but the dishes are small and no one should underestimate the eating prowess of three little Asian girls.  
Beef tataki, tuna carpaccio with parmesan shavings and daikon salad.  Nom, nom, noms! 

Seared salmon nigiri, spicy butter cod roe pasta and duck breast with eggplant.  Num, num, nums!!!  I'm not eating alone anymore!! 

We decided we could fit in a another dish and so we ordered the salmon croquettes.
These croquettes were shaped like takoyaki balls and served with the typical okonomiyaki sauce and Jap mayo.  It was like I was eating takoyaki (I *heart* takoyaki), but no, I was really eating a croquette!!  It was messing with my mind!

Dessert was a bit uninspiring, but SEM being a SEM ordered a green tea ice cream and we all stabbed a spoon into it.  Having started dinner quite early, there was now plenty of time for Monday night drinks.  Aaaaah, not having to work sure has it's perks.

Moo had told me about her mulled wine experience at 1806 and well, I do love my mulled wine.  For the past few weeks, I have been in Rad-City fantasising about my night with Mr. Mulled Wine and now.....my date with him had finally arrived.
Our drinkies.  Me and SEM who wasn't much of a SDM (Sneaky Drinking Machine).  

Moo had told me that Mr. Mulled Wine was a bit buttery which I thought was a bit weird.  That's not anything like the mulled wine I've had in Europe, but hey, I'll drink anything once.  The bartender brought us our drinkies and I have to say, the buttery-ness did go down a treat.  It was so much of a treat, that I requested another one.  Hehehehehehe.  Cheers to not having to eat and drink alone!

No comments: