Friday, August 27, 2010

The Boathouse

I was working the West-side today and to make the most of the opportunity SEM and I had a late dinner.  Damn shopping centre hours.  Keen to show me that Westside dining isn't just all about Viet food (though I wouldn't have mind that) we made our way to the riverside restaurant,  The Boathouse.  It was a rustic atmosphere and full of Friday night trendites.  I can see how the river view pulls in the ladies-who-lunch crowd during the day.
We each had a pizzetta, mine being the calamari, prawn, pancetta, chilli and salsa verdi.  The dough was supersoft, a clear sign it was freshly made and the ingredients were tasty and nummy nums. 

SEM fiercely guarding her spiced lamb, hummus, yoghurt, coriander pizzetta.  The chips side serving was huge!

We ate up and discussed our tactics for Sunday's Taste of Melbourne festival.

No comments: