Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Laundry Disaster

I'm pretty good at using a clothes washing machine.  I mean... it's a machine.  I know how to sort dark clothes from light clothes and I know how to twist a knob to select the appropriate cycle and temperature.  But today was not a good day......

I have a white scarf which was endearingly nicknamed 'Scarfy Scarf' by Spuey.  It was made of 70% viscose and 30% wool and was purchased back in my uni years in Sydney.  It has travelled around world with me to Europe and the US.  Despite it's wool component, I've thrown it in the machine many times and it has always been returned to me clean and white.  But today was not a good day.......

In Rad-City I'm using a somewhat 'foreign' front loading machine which has no words, only pictures on the dials.   I threw Scarfy Scarf into the machine, forgot to check the dials and started the cycle.  Keep in mind that Scarfy Scarf is pashmina-like in it's length, light fabric and soft feel.  When I opened the machine door, I realised.... today was not a good day....

I had turned Scarfy Scarf into a piece of felt!
I checked the dials and realised they had been left at 40 degrees rather than a cold wash.  The two hour wash cycle didn't help either.   

Unhappy. 

Oh well, I might take Scarfy Scarf home to remind me never to ruin another scarf again.

4 comments:

Lynnie said...

hahahahahahahahah.........

i mourn scarfy scarf though.

SuBoo said...

I think the Scarf looks a lot sadder than you do.

Poor Scarfy Scarf.

mallymoodle said...

I would like mention that scarfy scarf also accompanied me on various adventures.

*sob* RIP scarfy scarf, RIP :(

Unknown said...

that is very sad, there is NOTHING WORSE THAN LOSING A PRECIOUS ITEM TO BAD LAUNDRY-NOTHING!!!!

:P

i love your expression. priceless!!! :D