Sunday, August 22, 2010

Celebratory Lunch at Mrs. Parmas

To celebrate my escape from The Bogans, Moo picked me up from the airport and we had lunch at Mrs. Parmas.  Spuey and I had tried to eat here in the past but weren't able to secure a table on the busy Friday night.  The empty restaurant which greet Moo and I today for Sunday lunch was quite the stark contrast, even prompting us to question whether the restaurant was open.  Yay for us, of course it was!

We got straight into the ordering and got the following:
I had the Mushroom Parma and Moo had the Moroccan Meatball Parma.  

I had heard that the parmas were quite big here but I have to admit when the parmas were placed in front of us, I actually kinda thought they were smaller than expected.
Moo happy to be with parma.  Me just happy to no longer eat my meals alone. 

Well it was a case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach because neither of us could finish our parmas.  I ploughed my way until the last quarter and then gave in.  My parma itself was slightly burnt on parts of the bottom which annoyed me somewhat as a $24.50 parma shouldn't be burnt!!  Depending on the parmas base, they start from $18 for eggplant, $23 for chicken and $24.50 for veal.  It's a bit on the expensive side of bar/bistro food but all parmas include a decent side of salad and chips.  The chunky chips were done to my liking - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, dusted in chicken salt!! Num nums.

Despite the overcooked parma bits, I'll still try it again should I ever get another parma craving.  They surely can't burn it a second time.

3 comments:

mallymoodle said...

They were nice chips.
Long live chicken salt!

J said...

WOW! I can't believe that is how much a parma is.... far out! Is that the price of living in Melb these days? or are they super gourmet parmas??? sheesh!!

Pooey said...

No J, this place is kinda expensive for parmas. You would get cheaper elsewhere. That all being said, the cost of living has really shot up. Be prepared!!!