Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sushi Burger at J Cafe

Continuing on my eating mission, tonight Moo, Spu and I had dinner at J Cafe and more specifically, we ate sushi burgers.  I'm not new to the concept of sushi burgers having eaten one in the Singaporean branch of Mosburger a few years ago.  (It was so yummy and a nice alternative to the normal hamburger!)  Sushi burgers are essentially a sushi roll arranged to resemble a burger and they achieve this by molding the rice into the shape of a hamburger bun.  Quirky!

We each ordered a sushi burger bento box (about $17) and this included miso soup and a side dish.
Aloe vera and mango juice for Moo.  Lychee green tea for Spuey and I.  My spicy salmon burger.  Spicy because there was some ground chilli in my Japanese mayo.  

Let's face it, I could make the burger at home and I would say that for anyone who struggles to use a makisu mat, it would be easier to make a sushi burger than sushi rolls.  The burger itself is equivalent to the size of approximately 1.5 - 2 two sushi rolls which in my case, I would need to eat at least two to be full.
Me and my sushi burger. 

It's a good thing that the meal came with a side because we were all still peckish after wolfing down the burger.
Grilled salt and pepper chicken.  Fried squid - mmm squishy.  Gyoza.  I'm not usually impressed with gyoza but these were extra nice! 

After sharing the above between the three of us, we were in a much happier state.  I could have probably eaten some more, but you know, I really should exert some self control too.  At $17 the price tag is reasonable but for anyone who is ravenous, you would probably need something else to supplement the bento meal.  Otherwise I'll certainly return in the future to pick up another sushiburger snack.  Num nums!

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Hooray for sushi burger! They are so kyoot.