Friday, December 08, 2006

A Relatively Quiet Friday

I'll just start this blog with a big fat YUCK. Kt has mice in her apartment!!!!! Ewwwwww!!!! If you could see me now, I'm pitter-pattering on my tippy toes with girly fists clenched. I'm about to cry. This is coming from a girl who can not stand vermin of any kind - guinea pigs, hamsters and some rabbits included. I also detest birds.

Ok, now that's out of my system. However, I must emphasise that Kt's apartment is by no means dirty. It's just NYC, it's full of rodents. I pity her. Babe, please buy some mouse traps. Please!

Wow, today I nearly went straight home after work. On a FRIDAY!

Alas I was rescued by dear J who 1. errrm needed my help to buy christmas cards and 2. needed to start her bridesmaid dress hunt. We found J some cards and then had a little break at Lexington. What to make of Lexington? It's not as grand as it looks on it's website. The interior reminds me of a smaller version of the Establishment bar in Sydney. The crowd is a little wank-ish but not as much as Long Room. Would I go there again? Maybe, maybe not.

Afterwards we trotted into DJs and Review to check out dresses. J tried on a few and I took a few photos. Hehehehe. She doesn't know that I'm posting this picture, so I may have to remove it upon request.


J in a Review dress. It's got tulle!!!! Quite pretty eh? All she needs are chicken fillets.

Afterwards, dinner was at Dirty Dumplings. The noodles were the usual but have they always put in baby bok choy instead of cucumber? I like cucumber better. The dirty dumps were fine. I didn't go home with gastroenteritis, so that was a super bonus!

Asians at Dirty Dumps.


Mooey the asian with her latest book.

After Dirty Dumps, we went home. All this before 10.30pm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have mice. And yes, I freaked about it. I've calmed down now because my friends here have reassured me that it's absolutely disgusting and that they've all had to deal with it before. And when I called my mummy, she was like "what's the big deal??" In my defence (again), I'm NOT a dirty person!!! I can now say that I've experienced the real New Yorker lifestyle. Ugh. If this is what NY is, send me back to Oz!

Anonymous said...

smee...what is chicken fillet?
harlow...

peishapan said...

You should see the tube stations here when it rains - the rails swarm with them. I reckon NY must be like that too - rodents looking for somewhere warm to stay. Kate needs to get herself a cat or some hot pied-piper guy to help you out.

Jess said...

Ohhh pretty Jadey!! Trinny & Susannah move over for Frannie & Franky!