Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hello London!

I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, orrite.

My flight into London was fairly uneventful. I didn't lose any baggage, I didn't get mugged and I wasn't hassled by weirdos. Apart from the Melbourne to Sydney leg being delayed - giving me half an hour to go from Sydney domestic to Sydney international and to clear customs - it all went smoothly.


By the time I reached Hong Kong, I still didn't feel I was going to London. By the time I landed in Heathrow, it still didn't feel like the other side of the world. In fact, as the taxi drove off from the airport, I kinda thought, 'Hey, these buildings look like old Melbourne buildings'. The Thames kinda felt like the Yarra (alright so I'm pushing it here a bit) but it only really dawned on me that I was in London when we drove past the London Eye and London Bridge. Oh and the Tower of London too. A huge castle is something I'm not used to.

I arrived 5am and felt like surprisingly ok. I spent the remainder of the day resting with Smee (who hadn't slept all night) and receiving excited emails/sms from Lil Miss J, Bao, Mona and Leesh. Feels like home already! :D

Smee doing what he does best, playing computer games. For those who are interested, he's playing Need for Speed Carbon and just hotted up his Evo IX.

Today, I slept until god knows when (I think 12.30pm) and then had to go and sort out some admin stuff. Then at night I met up with Bao, Mona, Lil Miss J and Mr. L at The Exchange Bar in Chinatown! HOW EXCITING!!! hehehehehehhee.. Leesh couldn't make it cos she was buggered. I go all the way to the other side of the world to do the same stuff that I do back home. hahahahaha

Anyway, there was heaps of squealing and hugging as you'd expect. I kinda wished I took some "London" photos as the ones below could just pretty much be anywhere! Oh well, there will be plenty of time for that!

Lil Miss J and Baoey being silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah, so jealous lah of all your beautiful girls lah

i wish i could have been there!

Merry Christmas Frannie! Missing you heaps :)