Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ballet in the Gardens

Tonight, J and I and some of J's other friends watched Swan Lake at the Sidney Myer Music bowl. I can't recall the last time I watched a ballet - it was possibly about 10-15 years ago - and I think it was a Snugglepot and Cuddlepie ballet. This particular production was performed by members of the Australian Ballet School and I assume that it is a honour to be accepted there.

The dancers warming up. We weren't allowed to take photos during the performance. *hmmph*

It was a balmy 37 degrees today which meant it was probably still about 28-29 degrees by the time we got there. Perfect picnic dinner weather!

Man it was a hot day. I'm not complaining! Gimme all the sun I can get before London!


J being caught out checking out other chicks.

Not being a classically trained dancer (or any kind of dancer for that matter) I don't think I could truly appreciate exactly how difficult it is to do ballet well. A few thoughts ran through my mind during the performance:
  • omg, that's hard! How do they do that?
  • gee, he's really strong
  • I have no grace whatsoever. Why wasn't I forced to do ballet? I'm going to force my little girl to do ballet whether she likes it or not
  • hmm the primary ballerina is way better than the guy. He didn't deserve a biography in the program leaflet
  • omg, that's hard! Her feet must be strong. She must have really nice muscles
  • hmmm his tights are a bit too tight. Gross
  • Oh she looks so pretty and fluttery, like a swan
  • omg, that's hard!
Hmmm I guess I have to watch a ballet full of 'professionals' in order to realise how the pros really do it. But I'm not complaining about this production!

One more photo for the road!

2 comments:

J said...

checking out the chicks?? more like stuffing my face with food.. mmm... hee hee.. u forgot to blog red silks! hee hee... fried ice cream and chicken corn soup.. and oh yeh dodgy ppl in the qv toilets..

gee.. it's so much easier making comments then writing a whole blog.. i know i know.. i'm so lazy! hee hee.. xoxo j

Anonymous said...

jade were u checking out frannie too?
hi babe..ur b**bies look nice in that top hehe