Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paris - Write Off

Well it seems that Monday's gastro-induced lethargy was still in my system and yesterday's action had been just a bit too much for me.  Despite waking at the reasonable time of 8am, I returned back to bed thinking that I'll snooze for another hour but ended up waking at 1pm.  I was startled when I saw the time on my phone and even more startled to see the Dad and the Bro had left me alone!  Well the Bro had plans to go out to Versailles for the day (I don't need to go there again) and the Dad... well he left me with no note and no indication of where he was venturing off!  I later found out he made his way to La Defense and to find a long lost old friend.

By the time I was up and ready, it was mid afternoon.  So I wandered up the nearby Rue de Montorgueil and marveled at the chicken rotisserie.  Smells...so... chickeny..... mmmmmm.
I also bought a baguette, camembert cheese and slice of pate too.  Num nums.  Then I shuffled down Rue de Saint Honore for some minor shopping.  I didn't end up buying anything and I was unsuccessful in fufilling shopping request for a friend.  (In case you're wondering, I had to find a Longchamp bag of a certain colour.  It's seasonal!)

By the time I was done, the Dad and the Bro were back in town.  True to yesterday's declaration, we returned to Chinatown to have another Asian meal.  It was pretty average.  
Europeans and their small mussels.  

Not the best roast duck I've ever had.

The Dad thought the place was ok but I thought it was so-so at best and stated that I wouldn't eat at this particular restaurant again.  Pooey, the food critic.  Yes I am.  Tomorrow - won't be a write off!  

1 comment:

J said...

We found the longchamp in the end! :p