Saturday, April 02, 2011

Not Much Happening (except for some template issues)

Yeah.  Nothing much is happening in Pooeytown.  I am counting down the work days until this stint in Rad-City ends.  Just five more days to go.  Only five.  But the last two weeks have really been dragging on....  Boooo

On the blogging front, I've had a problem with my template for a few months now and it is really bringing out the OCD, anal retentive side of me.  As loyal readers (I like to call them fans) of this blog will know, I changed my template almost two years ago.  I thought I was pretty smart because I managed to tweak to the HTML code of my chosen base template.  It wasn't very fun.  I also managed to modify the HTML codes for the 'Recent Comments' and 'Label Cloud' widgets.  The 'Recent Comment' widget supplied by Blogger does something weird and doesn't colour co-ordinate the font colours (very important for aesthetics!) and the standard Blogger 'Label Cloud' widget wasn't 'cloudy' enough  for me.  Compare my cloud with Mooey's and Kahoon's cloud - you'll see what I mean. Anal, indeed.

So, when Blogger introduced their template designer about a year later, I pretty annoyed.  About frigging time!  I had a play around with the new feature and saw that it very user-friendly.  Excellent for non-IT folk like me.  Where were you 12 months ago?  I was so impressed with the designer, I told Moo to change her template.

Anyway, so the problem with my template now lies in the blog archive.  See those little triangles?  When you click on them, they're meant to expand and list the titles of my previous posts.  I noticed they stopped working on my blog sometime last year.   I thought it was a Blogger issue, but nope, the archive expands on other people's blogs.

So I googled for an answer.  It seems I'm not the only one with the problem but I can't seem to find a way to rectify it.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the widget.  I've tried altering the style of widget to drop-down and flatlist, saving it, republishing, exiting and then going back to change it to the original hierarchy style.  Nup, didn't work.  I tried finding a new HTML code.  Gave up cos I couldn't be arsed reading all that technical stuff.

I think it's got something to do with the Blogger Template Designer and the new templates having different basic HTML design to their predecessors.  Of course, my template would have been based on the older format.  Who bloody knows, I am not a programmer, IT person, computer script writing person.

If I can't find a way to fix it soon, I might have to use the template designer to change the look of the blog again.  That should fix it!

No comments: