Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Bunting is Out!

London is in absolute party mode with the nuptials of Will and Kate less than a week away :D *excited face*  It's really hard not to get caught up in the joyous and relaxed atmosphere and by that I mean it's making me want to buy all sorts of cheesy memorabilia while wearing a Union jack flag.  I've already gotten my limited edition Oyster card (by 'limited' there are 750,000 available.. pfft) and I have contemplated buying the Kate Middleton doll.  Fret not, that purchase is not going ahead.  I never realised I cared so much for the Royal Family!  
The bunting is certainly out and proud all over London.  Here's how it's looking on Regent St.  

It's a bit hard to see but the London Eye also has it's red, blue and white on.  

Sticking with the Britishness of it all, Smee and I did our frequent thing and popped down to Borough Market for lunch.  He's been telling me about these baguettes from a stall called The Guildable Manor which he's been eating as an alternative to the boring sandwich stores littered around his office.  Each baguette costs about £4.80 and you have the choice of various meats and adding different sauces to round out the flavours.  
A queue is good sign of yumminess.  Not sure if you've made the right choice to join the queue?  Have a whiff of the grilling meats!  Mmmm grilled meats smell so good.  

We both had the lamb with fresh mint, coriander, paprika and cumin baguette.  Extra halloumi on top thanks! 

Check it out the next time you're at Borough Market.  I sure will!

No comments: