Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dubrovnik - Day 3

With the weather not happy enough for sailing, Smee and I had run out of activities in Dubrovnik. This meant that today was THE day to ride the Dubrovnik Cable Car.
At the start of our ride.   

Our cable car has arrived!  

Orange cable car, orange rooftops.  A very nice view indeed. 

The view with the Old Town centre and Lokrum island off to the left.  

Me with a cable car!  

Smee and the clear Adriatic sea.

Overall I was a bit disappointed with Dubrovnik. It sure is picturesque and the clear sea is amazing but there seemed to be little else.  Otherwise, it is a most awesome place if you want to lie on the beach all day and go sailing along to cities such as Split.  The food experience didn't enlighten us either.  I was initially surprised by the number of pizzeria and pasta restsurants but on second thoughts, it's proximity to Italy would clearly influence the local cuisine.  However the pizza and pasta we encountered bore more semblance to that served in a very bad food court than that of the Land of Pasta, a mere boat ride away.

Would I go back?  Not solely for Dubrovnik, absolutely not.  I haven't ruled out a sailing trip on the Adriatic coastline but that would be the only time I'd be back in this town.

2 comments:

Unknown said...


I am very enjoyed for this blog. I feel strongly about it and love very important information. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
dubrovnik accommodation

Unknown said...


It is truly a great and helpful piece of nice information.
I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
Dubrovnik rentals