Monday, April 06, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

I've been pretty sick of my Blogger Rounders 4 template for a while. It was probably my best choice of the so-so designs on offer back in 2006. The thing is, Blogger hasn't moved with the times and the basic templates available now are no different to that in 2006. Most people now have widescreen monitors and even on my laptop, I felt that the post section was just too narrow and there was a lot of wasted space.

Rather than sit around waiting for Blogger to upload more templates, I just went for a search and found a few to my liking. This site is a good place to start and I eventually stumbled on to YummyLolly where I found the template I liked most. I do say 'I liked most' because there are still things I'm not quite satisfied with.

After becoming a *cough* mini html expert *cough*, I managed to modify my template so it was a bit more to my liking. Still not quite happy with it (what's the html code for a vertical dotted line!?!?!) but I'm liking it much more than the previous incarnation :D

My new default font is Trebuchet so the old blogs will still have Arial. As if I could be bothered going back over my 300+ posts to make it consistent with the new font. So yeah, I'm liking the new template but not loving it - if I find something else that tickles my fancy, I'll change it again!

3 comments:

SuBoo said...

Your new blog layout shows that I comment a lot. In fact, this comment means that I have hogged the entire Recent Comments space. Hurrah for me! :D

Pooey said...

Yeah, it's like... you're the only person who reads it! But now, you're not the comments hog!!!

mallymoodle said...

I'm here to share the load, Suboo!!!