Saturday, February 14, 2009

Russell Peters

When news went around last year that Russell Peters would be in town, I was like 'Me! Me! I want tickets!' So yep, that's how me and Smee spent Valentine's Day (it's a rort of a day anyway). For anyone who hasn't heard of Russell Peters, just search for a few clips on youtube or go to his website. Just look at his face - it's laughable already!

We were in the heaven seats and it made Smee a little ill to look down. I guess it didn't make much of a difference given that all the funny stuff would be heard and hardly any of it was visual.


Our view of the stage.

The warm up act were two DJs (I can't recall both names but one was DJ Spinbad) were really good. Nothing beats a good DJ battle.

Our view of the stage with Russell on it.

I guess the main appeal of Russell Peters is that he just does racial jokes really well. His Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese accents are just spot on and hilarious! In a way, I enjoyed it more because I haven't watched any of his recent stuff so a lot of the jokes were new to me. Here's a bit of his stuff:

Go and see him if you can! Especially if you're a migrant :D

1 comment:

SuBoo said...

JEALOUS!! I wanna see him!