Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Mary J Blige Concert

I was the least deserving person but I scored two free tickets to see Mary J Blige in concert. I mean, I'm aware she's a talented vocalist but hmmmm I think I only know about 6 or so songs by her. Also, I was never a fan of her rendition of U2's 'One'. But still, a free concert is a free concert.

Mona was the first to pipe up his interest and accompanied me to the 02. I thought he would know her songs but only knew as much as I did! Our seats were as bad as they can get and definitely not for those who are scared of heights. Mary was just a little ant on the stage and our view of the screens was obscured by sound and lighting fixtures.

Here is Mary J Blige - The Ant


Now, lessy Anty!

Good for me she sang all the songs that I knew, including the classic 'Real Love', 'Not Gonna Cry', 'Family Affair', 'Be Without You' and the likable 'Just Fine'. I would post a video but the recordings I have are so bad. So here's a clip of the likable and catchy 'Just Fine'.

No comments: