Sunday, June 15, 2008

Big Asian Dance Party

Well last night was always gonna be a big night - the birthday of three Asian Aussies. I knew two of them so my right to be invited was justified. With the invite list stretching out to 200+, it was well on the way on being written into folklore. The surprising thing about London is the lack of Asian people. Or Orientals as we're known here - such a colonial term. I guess it's all relative - Australia's proximity to the rest of Asia = accessibility.

Anyway when I walked into the club Loop, I felt like I had just turned back time and that I was walking into the infamous Salt nightclub or RnB Superclu
b. Poor ventilation was included for added atmosphere. It is somewhat sad to still be clubbing at my old age (hahaha) but I do find that the London clubbers tend to be of the late 20s variety. Probably because this demographic can actually afford the entrance fee, drinks and cab ride home.

The music was a mix of pop, rnb and 80s classics and the highlight of the night was when they played the Ghostbusters theme. Sad. Even sadder was my pretending to hold a proton gun. Even more sadder was Kahoons' proton gun retaliation. Good thing no one took photos of that.

Stacks on!!!


Hai SuBoo! Happy birthday!

One of the most fun nights I've had out in aagggeess!

1 comment:

SuBoo said...

Hmm I wonder if this was one of the parts I couldn't remember... I do suspect it was after I got kicked out of my own birthday party and got let back in out of pity lol