Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mary Poppins... finally!!

Some of you might remember this post (well maybe none of you) where I mentioned that I was *hoping* to see the musical version of Mary Poppins that week. Well FOUR months later, I finally have, joined by Leesh, Tina and Caz.

At my insistence, all three posed outside of the cinema.


Taking a photo of the stage just before the curtain rises.

Whilst I know most of the songs featured in the Disney musical, it was during the first act, that I came to the realisation that I've NEVER actually watched the film in it's entirety! *sniff* An incomplete childhood. I didn't recognise the plot at all or even know the characters' names, except for Mary of course. Oh and is the sexual tension between Bert and Mary that overt in the Disney film?

The stage engineering was fascinating. I love how things move on stage. I'm a geek.

Also, I found it difficult to like Mary's character. Something about her did not sit well with me. Maybe she's just a bit too weird for my liking.

Afterwards we snacked at not-so-bad Korean restaurant and again, I forced photos upon people.
Being silly over and over.

No comments: