Monday, June 11, 2007

CHOOSE LIFE

The 80s was my childhood. Slap bands, ra-ra skirts, teased hair - I'm all for that. Call me a dag - I don't care.

Thus when the opportunity arose to see GEORGE MICHAEL LIVE IN CONCERT, I could not let it pass my cassette deck operating hands. Coupled with the fact that the concert cost a mere £2 (that's AU$4.60 - thanks to my accountant friends) I definitely had to get my hands on some tickets. Forcing Spuey to go ensured that I had guaranteed company. He wanted to see Wembley stadium anyway - two birds with one stone, I say.


The 'new' Wembley Stadium. I didn't even know that it was under construction.

I got a little antsy because we had delays in collecting our tickets and had yet to enter the stadium when I heard a roar from the audience and the beginning verse of 'Father Figure'. It's an ok song, but I was more upset I was missed the start! Boo hoo. It was even more upsetting to realise that according to the set lists I also missed Fastlove :`( . I nearly started crying.

The Wembley stage. Little Georgie in the front somewhere.


Hmmm a blow up George Bush with a little doggie giving him ermm...


Caz, Spuey (Mullet King) and I. Happy to be daggy.

I must give my thumbs up to George Michael as he can sing mighty well and proved as much at this concert.

For those interested, here's the set list:
Song to the Siren
Fastlove
Too Funky
Father Figure
Everything She Wants
Flawless
You Have Been Loved
Praying For Time
Star People
Shoot The Dog
Interval - John & Elvis video
Outside
Spinning The Wheel
Freedom
Idol
Jesus To A Child
Faith
I'm Your Man
Amazing
Edge of Heaven
Careless Whisper
Freedom 90

He didn't quite sing these songs in the same order on the night I attended but that doesn't really matter. I was planning on uploading videos but the recordings were so awful (see my U2 post) that I decided not to subject anyone to such trifle.

Highlights of the night: any song from the Wham! era, Faith, Freedom 90 and Praying for Time.

Lowlights: Shoot the Dog (yes I know it's a political statement but I don't really know it.
And...........not singing my favourite Wham!/George Michael song of all time which I (and many others I'm sure) have endearing called "Jitterbug" a.k.a Wake me up before you Go-Go!!!!!!!!

VERY UPSETTING INDEED. VERY MUCH SO.

I stopped Spuey filming other parts of the concerts (my batter died, his was dying) so he could use that small battery energy to film WMUBYGG. As a result, not only do I NOT have a video of Jitterbug live, I have hardly any footage whatsoever. *sniff* No one understands. I wouldn't have minded a bit of 'Last Christmas' either.

So in place, I had to find a Youtube video of WMUBYGG to ease the pain. Do enjoy.

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Boo. So jealous!