Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 7: Tate Modern, Borough Market and St Pauls

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who believed that she could appreciate modern art. She thought that her liking for Andy Warhol's pop art, comic book images, Mondrian squares and Picasso meant that she could converse with the crowd who possessed the ability to interpret modern art with great meaning.

That little girl has shrivelled up and died.

Apart from all the famous pieces, I've come to the realisation that I don't 'get' modern art. This is coming from the same person who once contemplated a career as an artist. C'mon, I was 7 years old and EVERYONE loved my drawings. Unfortunately, my skills were not nurtured appropriately and they remain at the rudimentary stage where everyone I draw looks like a cartoon. But hey! People stil congratulate me on my attempts! If I could make a career out of drawing people and objects on the MSN whiteboard, then I would quit my job instantaneously.

And so begins our visit to the Tate Modern Museum. They did have a pretty interesting exhibition about Cities, which I will return for. J came with us too and was equally 'huh???'


Spuey and I inside the hall.

Dying to have a morsel of food, we headed to the nearby Borough Market for yummy foodies. This is the place where I get my favourite Portuguese tarts! After surveying our options, Spuey and I opted for a roast roll and J for a chicken han bao bao.


Spuey with the stash.
As you can see, I can barely contain my excitement.

Yum yum yum. Warm, fresh roast straight into the bun! And then into my tum!

J's chicken hamburger. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


That's right, you enjoy it, J.

Oh yeah, Spuey and I went to St. Paul's Cathedral afterwards. No photography allowed indoors so hmmph. What to say? We saw the crypts but were too late to climb up into the tower :(. I kept thinking "feed the birds, tuppence a bag".

No comments: