Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 3: Changing of the Guard, Westminster (take 2) and Natural History Museum

After a quick visit to Harrods (another thing to tick off the list), we trotted down to Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard. Now, I didn't really know what was involved but there was much pomp and circumstance with horsies, marching band and the tip-top bread men. No one else would understand (except for my siblings) but I could not shed the 'Good on you Mum, Tip Top's the one' tune from my head. Just a shred of evidence that TV played too much of a role in my upbringing.

Can someone enlighten me? I have forgotten what these guys are called.


Spuey right at the gate. Good viewing spot, I do say.

This is the balding head that impeded my view. Having a view like this is an effective way to make the experience a boring one.

We returned to Westminster Abbey to visit the crypts as it was closed yesterday. Wow there are some really old tombs in there, Queen Elizabeth I being one of them. And some other monarchs too.


Here's a sneaky photo of the green inside the Abbey. I can understand if I was accused of photographing the Melb Uni Law Lawn though.

Next was the Natural History Museum, which of course comes guaranteed with stupid posing.

Me and a Dinosaur.

Spuey and the giant foetus.

Spuey and his triceratops blood brother.


Spuey the Chimp.

Needless to say, I went home with tired feet.

No comments: