Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Old Kingdom

Tonight's dinner was at Old Kingdom, a place whose specialty is Peking duck. Usually, this dinner would be at Lygon St at Papa Gino's but we all felt a bit tired of that. Duck it was!

I always kinda thought that their Peking duck was a bit not-quite-like-Box-Hill-honkie-style and it was only upon "researching" on Wikipedia did I find this entry which makes me think it's Crispy Aromatic Duck. Or maybe not. Maybe I just got it wrong from the beginning and the Old Kingdom duck is the true Peking duck. I could ponder about this for much longer but it is a waste of precious brain cells. Why I was looking up roast duck on Wikipedia is a totally different story altogether.

Notable absences were J and Meme. J's excuse was that she needed to shack up in a cheap motel in Adelaide for work (U2 are in town!) and Meme had some family thingy.

I actually didn't bring my camera again *shock horror* but luckily Shaz brought hers. Yay! I just realised that I'm not in any of the photos so I could be lying to all of you about my presence.


The duck in all its glory. We had four in total!


Yetapee and Kahoons were so happy to see each other that they insisted on sitting together. Aaaah true love! Reminiscing about high school days behind the shelter shed.


Yetapee gnawing on a duck drumstick. Kahoons taking far too much enjoyment from his chopstick.


Moo, always either drinking or eating or both!


Shaz and Tina.


AH, Glend and Hoon.


A very natural photo of Glenda and Hoon.

4 comments:

mallymoodle said...

You're wrong pooey - there's a regional difference between Peking duck and HK/Boxy duck.

For one, those two cities are on opposite sides of China! 'Sif it'd be the same food!

Lynn said...

I WANT DUCK!

My god I miss Melbourne sometimes when I see photos like that. There is no good Peking duck in Canberra (not that I've tried any). Do you guys mind if we go again when I return? hehe.....

Pooey said...

don't mind going at all!! heheheehehe it'll be at least a whole month before u make ur ass back here anyway

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I haven't had duck the whole time I've been here. And I've had dim sum once (no one knows what yum cha is :P)