Friday, November 24, 2006

Oh, it's Friday again!

It seems as though I've been living for Fridays recently. Well at least I'm ensuring I've got material to blog, however mundane!

J and I met up at Mitre Tavern for some quick drinks before having to part ways as J went off to a birthday. I'd never been to Mitre Tavern before and I guess it's quite nice, kinda like a little cottage pub. Not that I've been to a cottage pub before, but I'd imagine it would be something like that.

Next was dinner at Belgium Beer Cafe, all the way down St Kilda road. Our aim was to have a mussel feast and feast we did! Between the five of us (tsk tsk poor turn-out, Kahoons was napping!! Meme was studying!!) we shared four pots of mussels, some sausages, stoemp, frites (with mayo, or was it aioli?) and dessert!

Moo, Yetapee and Tina.


Pooey and Mooey taking their promo pic for the Pooey and Mooey show!


Sausages. I can't remember the Belgian name.


One of four mussel pots. Damn lighting was dim and photos are blurry.


The waitress was so nice and kindly offered to take a group photo. So efficient was she at taking away our mussel shells.


Dessert! Yum! Strawberry waffles, creme brulee and chocolate waffles.

Everyone left satisfied and eager for our next foodie venture. MoVida the likely venue for next week. Until then, bon appetit!

3 comments:

mallymoodle said...

saucisson = sausage

Lynn said...

I am jealous of your two big fat sausages. You can't settle for just one sausage can you? You must have two. (I could write one more comment that would make your blog become xxx rated, thus I will hold back. Let me just say though, it included tbe word 'double'.)

That is all from me now.

Pooey said...

dont be jealous of the sausages, you can easily go and get yourself some sausage! btw, the boys ate more than the girls. go figure