Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

It was only after I recently began playing Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box that I remembered one of the numerous causes of my blog backlog - playing my Ninny.  No, I wasn't attending to Sparkie and Buzz (those poor doggies), but rather Professor Layton and the Curious Village.  Knitting, blogging, Ninny-games, reading.... it's all just one vicious time-consuming cycle.  There are not enough hours in a day!

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box plays in the same fashion as it's predecessor.  In order to progress in the game, you must solve puzzles.  I like puzzles!  The brain teasers on offer hark back to my primary school days when the 'Maths Mobile' (I can't remember the actual name) came around for their monthly visit.  Us little 6-7 year olds were given tangram puzzles, river crossing riddles and other mathematical dilemmas.  Of course they were presented under the guise of wooden toys and colourful playboards.  The nerd in me developed early!

Anyway, this game is keeping me up at night and is great at filling in dead-time on the bus/tube.  I haven't resorted to finding a game walkthrough yet, because struggling with the puzzles is part of the fun!  I've already put in a request for Smee to get me part 3 and part 4 once they're released in English.... which may not be for a while :(  If you're interested, you can check out the official Professor Layton link here and play some demo games.  Now if you don't mind, I'll be getting back to playing my game!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

hehe...i've been playing the game too. i find it a little harder than its predecessor. I have resorted to looking up for some clues online :( shame on me.

KH said...

hey I have finished both games!

Pooey said...

lynn - yes, shame on you! you did that last time as well! btw, the game i hate most is the chess game.. my fave game is the pancake pile!

KH - when do you play your ninny? on the tube? i never see you play your ninny!

Lynnie said...

Either of you play scribblenauts? Jimbo d/l, i mean, purchased it for me and it is kinda fun, but they get too hard for me. lol. he loves it though! i think u guys would emjoy it!

Pooey said...

oooh i never heard of scribblenauts! but I shall ask Smee to 'get' it for me!

Smeeders said...

Yes..I did 'purchase' that for you immediately when you requested it *cough*