Monday, January 28, 2008

Consuming my time

I've decided to accept the current status of my brain rot and have succumbed to the sin of all sins - computer games.

I've never been a huge fan of computer games. My thumbs and wrists hurt and I get RSI after 10 minutes of console playing. Stupid knobs. Ugh. Gameboys - meh, boring after 15 minutes. Timezone? Bleh, only the game where you hit the alligator heads was fun. The only game I did play once in a while was Minesweeper and some of the other Windows games. Oh and Who Framed Roger Rabbit and a PC version of Aladdin.

Everything has changed now that I have a Nintendo DS.

I never quite caught on to the the Tamagotchi craze which occurred during my high school days. I thought I did want one but I got bored playing with it after about 10 minutes. Nintendogs, is similar to a Tamagotchi but this time the pet is a puppy, not a horrible little black and white graphic. I loike puppies very muchies.

The best bit about this game is that the DS has a microphone so the puppy can obey your verbal commands and you can train it like a normal dog. Yay! You can see how this is time consuming and has become somewhat obsessive. I feed my puppies everyday on the way to work (yes I do whip it out on the DLR), everyday when I eat lunch (I do have to do that in secret sometimes) and then again on the way home from work. I do get a little upset when I forget to feed them and the scale says that they are hungry or thirsty. It makes me feel like a bad mother.

I initially only had one puppy, Sparkie, but I thought that she might be a bit lonely so I bought another one, Buzz. I'm so happy that they get along.
Sparkie and Buzz playing with a rubber mushroom.

Buzz and Sparkie vying for my attention.

Sparkie in her red beret. Buzz waiting to be petted.

I should mention that I was initially obsessed with Brain Academy and Brain Age, but I have decided that brain rotting is better and have now allocated my gaming time to be with Sparkie and Buzz. :D

2 comments:

Kate said...

Seriously woman, cyber puppies??

*rolls eyes*

I am a real person and vying for your love and affection too! And today, you even admitted that you loved them more than meee!! *sob*

Anonymous said...

what was your high score in brain academy??????