Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I've been the slobbiest of slobs for the past few days since getting back from Berlin. All that jetlag finally caught up with me and I was so glad to get back into my own bed. I slept for about 17 hours straight, waking up at 6pm the day after returning from Berlin. Even I surprised myself at how sloth-like I was!

Of course that ruined me. I didn't sleep until 6am but still manage to get up by 10.45am to watched 'Enchanted' (excellent for fairy-tale Disney movie-lovers) and 'I am Legend' with Kt. You would've thought that my sleep pattern would return to normal but no.... For the three following days I woke up at either 3 or 5pm. Mmmm lazy. There was one episode of late night vacuuming.

Anyway, this is the HAPPY NEW YEAR post!

I had dinner with a few others in Covent Garden where the dinner began at 7.30pm and ended at 11pm. Service was far too slow.


That kinda ruined our plans a bit to return to Old Kent Road Party House to view the fireworks from the rooftop. An hour would normally suffice but this was NYE.

We managed to finally get onto a tube and then force ourselves onto an overcrowded bus at 11.55pm, while the boys opted to run back.

You can predict what happened next. The clock struck 12 and the first firework exploded while J, SuBoo, J's friend and I w
ere on the bus. Yay-frigging-yay. People wished each happy new year on the bus half heartedly.

Luckily our stop was next, so we ran across the road and all the way up the stairwell to see the last 5 minutes of the fireworks bonanza.


It is now that I suspect someone tried to pickpocket me on either the tube or the bus and stole my Napoleon skin primer. A little disappointing for the thief but very annoying for me! I can't find it anywhere and I do distinctly remember seeing it
at dinner. Grrrrrr

At 2am, Munabuna decided that it was time to light some fireworks that he bought from the local supermarket. I totally understand why these are illegal to purchase in Australia. Fireworks + stupid people = bad things.

The offending objects.


Fireworks are meant to be planted into the ground. Since there is no 'ground' on a rooftop, the boys use an upside down outdoor table. Smart.

Our own fireworks display was very pretty though. One of other strangers on the rooftop demonstrated the supreme act of stupidity by holding one of the fireworks as it ignited. I was waiting for a spare arm to fly off.

I would like to say that there were some consequences from the stupidity, but then if there were I probably wouldn't be posting it up on a blog because it would probably involve a terrible injury. That would be just bad taste. Stupid people are also lucky people too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frannie Happy New Year to you! I enjoy reading your blog and all the wonderful and exciting things you get up to. Keep it coming!

Caz