Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Results

My Saturday was spent doing... you guessed it, more shopping.  It appears that this is blog is beginning to become merely a display of consumer goods. 

J, Lil Miss J and I planned for our shopping adventures to begin in Covent Garden at 10am on Saturday.  This is a mighty big ask from me, as I am one who relishes the weekend sleep-in.  I set my alarm for 9am and yep, didn't wake up for it and only rose when J messaged me at 9.30am.  It must've been my day because I was on the bus to Covent Garden by 10am and got to the meeting place at 10.10am.  Ten minutes late - it's very acceptable!  J had under-estimated my super-powers and was still at home when I called her at 10.  I began shopping alone (no biggie) and started ticking off the remainder of my list.

David & Goliath was the first stop where I picked up a few cheesy tshirts.  Note of warning- their tshirts are US$1: £1 on their US site.  If you're buying a few (and by a few I mean probably more than 6), then dish out the US$50 (!!) UPS fee and get them from the US. 

I couldn't help but succumb to this t-shirt.  Nevermind that it was a bit tight.

Lil Miss J and J finally joined me and I showed them the Le Sac dress.  Lil Miss J gave me a little verbal smacking and agreed that we could indeed make the dress. 

Next we ventured into Cath Kidston where J insisted she gift me with this adorable necklace.  We had an small "Asian-restaurant-who's-paying-the-bill-type-of-fight" at the counter.  We didn't take it to the level of wrestling but hey, it's a small store and we would have guaranteed some weird looks.

I like bows!  Fanks J - you're the best! Muah, muah!

A few more items were ticked off and we marched on despite the burgeoning Christmas crowds and the less than sprightly weather... well... it was just an endless umbrella fight down the West End.  We managed to get some wardrobe building blocks for J (yay for 30% off Gap) and our KK gifts for Sunday's Christmas gathering (yay for Muji!).  Btw, my KK gift rocks!! (A portable hairdryer which Lil Miss J cleverly bagged).

Our day ended at M&S where we stocked up on brassieres.  We all agree that M&S rocks!  Thus ended our 9 hours of shopping. 

Sunday was our early Christmas celebration at OKR Paddington-style and mulled wine was served.  Mmmm... mmmm...mmmm that's all I have to say.  The Christmas meal of the day was Asian Steamboat.  Mmm... Christmassy...?

After filling up, we all had a shot at the KK sack and we could endlessly argue who got the best gift, but I do have to say Smee did bring home an Elephunt.  That's pretty cool and the winner in my opinion!

4 comments:

SuBoo said...

Mulled wine! I miss it *cry*

Oh and I love the bow!

J said...

oh wow.. we shopped for 9 hrs??? i'm surprised!

and awww.. bowie looks so cute on u!

Pooey said...

yep.. add up the hours... i dunno if u could tell.. i getting a little tired at the end of the day

Lil Miss J said...

haha verbal smacking!! I must say I was very impressed with the dress after seeing your various looks! It is a very versatile dress. Remind me to buy you a Le string! hehe