Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Le Sac Dress - DIY

Well I seem to be getting some feedback about the Le Sac dress, except from Moo who only grasped that her knees are ageing along with mine.  While I do like it, I still look at it with slight contempt.  Anyone with very limited sewing knowledge could make that dress in an instant!  I made a drawstring bag in high school, I can make the dress!  I think the worst part is, despite my sewing *cough* prowess, I still bought it anyway.  I guess this is the price you pay for laziness and US-based labour.  I should be thankful that laziness is such a privilege. 

For anyone who wants to make the dress *wink wink nudge nudge SuBoo*, there are plenty of tutorials online but I thought this one was pretty clear cut.

7 comments:

SuBoo said...

Noice - will have to check this out properly once I have time to breathe with all this wedding stuff I have to prep for. Although... do I need a Le String? It might be a bit shapeless otherwise?

Pooey said...

yeah u do need a le string (or a ribbon, just a long skinny piece of fabric) - otherwise the dress is just a sack with a hole at each end!

SuBoo said...

No dress yet - too busy - but I made a Circle Scarf! Yet to be blogged though

Pooey said...

did you just cut a jersey t shirt to make that?

SuBoo said...

Nah I used some spandex (I know it conjures up images of lime green lycra!) and sewed it up.

Pooey said...

wow you replied quickly suboo!! get back to work!

SuBoo said...

but it's so boring :(