Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Smee has waited an entire year for Halloween to come around again.  Not that either of us were brought up trick-or-treating and not that I even care for the pagan 'tradition'.  I'd be the first person to pretend I'm not home if trick-or-treaters came around.  Nope, Smee wanted Halloween to come around so that we could carve pumpkins togethers!

The pumpkins grown for this time of year come cheap at £1 - £2 depending on the size.  Smee and I did get excited at the prospect of having roast pumpkin and pumpkin soup but upon carving off the top, it was immediately apparent why the pumpkins cost next to nothing.

Yes they are a genetically modified bunch, or at least specifically bred to have no edible pumpkin flesh inside!  I don't squirm at much but here's an inside view of our pumpkins.

I couldn't help but think of the contents of an aggressive tumour after seeing the mess inside.  Ewwww...gross.


 Smee and I each carving our pumpkins. Smee getting right in to the stabbing spirit.


My empty pumpkin shell.





I carved a classic Jack O'Lantern face while Smee attempted a more happy design.  Here's the completed product with and without a tealight candle.  Ooooh spooooooky!

You don't need a really sharp knife to carve the faces, just a butter knife will do.  Next year, I'm going to do a more complicated design.




Me, the Witchy-Poos getting into the Halloween spirit and putting on my best crazy face.


Our pumpkins tried out the kitchen bench and then the coffee table.  They couldn't decide where they wanted to stay.


I recommend everyone carve a pumpkin in their lifetime!  Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

J said...

**squeaaal**
You guys are too cute!! I liked smee's pumpkin.. hheheheh....

mallymoodle said...

WITCHY POOEY!!!

HAHAHAAHAH

So funny photo (y)

Lynn said...

soooooooooooooo cool :)

SuBoo said...

I love crazy face... more.. MORE!!

Fen-Fen said...

Soooooo cute...love the pumpkins! I like your crazy face the most :p.... cuz looking cool from behind but darn funny...kekeke...