Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Filling up the suitcase

In the build up to heading back to the Antipodes for an extended period (maybe forever, but yay! No London Winter!) I am fulfilling other people's shopping requests.  Of course whilst wandering in and out of stores, I have succumbed to making purchases which were otherwise not on the list.  One....can't.... help..... themselves!

For now, I'm leaving all my Winter gear in London and bringing back just the essentials.  You would think that would make my suitcase light, but I already can see that it's going to be full of crap.  Not my crap either!  In addition to men's shirts (hai Spuey!), silly romance books (hai Moo!), here's some of the other stuff I bought on the weekend.

A winter jacket from Zara.  Not the wisest thing to buy given that I will be missing the London winter.  But I will justify myself because 1. I really like it, 2. the winter jacket range in Oz is atrocious, 3.  it was reasonably priced and way cheaper than an equivalent jacket in Oz, 4. when I finally do bring it to Oz, no one else will have the same jacket!



I don't really 'do' big jewelry but this necklace was only £3 from Primmy. I'll find something to wear it with.  Either that or it will sit nicely in the bottom of my drawer. 




A bubble hem strapless dress from Zara.  At £36, well I'm not going to get such a dress at home for the same price.  It fits pretty much perfectly, the hem cut just above the knee and with a pair of killer heels, my legs also look pretty damn good in it.  Also, Mooey can wear the dress!  Yay! *clap clap* 

3 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Yay!!! Pooey's come home!!!

And with goodies! *huzzah for silly romance books!*

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU ZARA>

I miss london shopping. even though i hate london proper.

I LOVE YOU ZARA MUJI MARKS AND SPARKS.

Unknown said...

ps. YAYYYY YOU"RE COMING BACK.

be sure to hit burberry factory outlet in the east end near bethnal green.

I MISS YOU BURBERRY FACTORY OUTLET even though you have a horrendous location in the crapsville of the eastend which is scary and horrible.