Wednesday, December 19, 2007

New York - Day 5 - Statue of Liberty

Tired from all the eating, shopping and sightseeing, Smee and I slept in today but waking up in time to first eat more ramen at the other Men Kui Tui in Cooper Square. It had a student vibe given that a university campus was nearby.

After lunch, we were greeted by the fellow passenger on the subway. Needless to say no one sat opposite. A woman did emerge from under that bedsheet eventually.

The Statue of Libery was our next destination and another touristy sight to tick off the list.

Smee getting the tickets to Liberty Island.


The lady herself. She's big but not that big.


Yah-huh, proof that we were there.


Me so happy to be near the 'Immigrant Processing' sign.

For dinner, we were keen to try out Yama on 49th after reading an article in the inflight magazine recommending the no-reservation-policy-big-slabs-of-fish restaurant. I'm so glad I read that article as this has to be one of the best places to go to for good ol' fashioned sushi with minimum fuss. Not the neatest sushi rolls but it all looks the same inside one's stomach.
The non-descript restaurant entrance.

Yama is probably considered mid-high range in New York but to be honest, it was cheap in comparison to UK and comparable to what I would expect to pay in Australia. Their Special Roll #6 is to die for!
Our sushi platters. There was so much food, I had to torture myself to finish it.

I've eaten so much sushi this week. But I love it!

No comments: