Monday, December 03, 2007

Good-bye dear friend

The time has come to say good bye to a very close (literally) friend of mine - my first pair of Sass & Bide jeans. *sob* Admittedly, when I first bought them, I considered returning them. They were far too tight and I cried in pain everytime I wore them, but I was reassured that they would stretch and stretch they did.

They have been with me since late 2001 and have travelled all over Australia and the world with me. They've seen me through thin days and fat days, witnessed my weight fluctuations, had numerous episodes with food spillages and have enjoyed the constant companionship of my muffin top.

I was criticised a few years ago for continuing to wear them with a rotten crotch (see below), but that only fuelled me to wear them with pride. Jeans that rotted and molded itself to my gait.

My rotten seams.

So what happened exactly? Well, it was a normal day and I pulled out the dear ol' friends and put them on, ready for action. I was aware of the presence of a small hole adjacent to the top corner of one of the pockets. That hole had been getting progressively larger over the past months and I cared little for that fact that the colour of my underwear was (slightly) visible.

As I bent over, I heard a loud *rrrrrrrrrRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP*. Uh-oh. Bum visible. All I can say is that I'm thankful that I had not yet left the house.


I cannot salvage this.

Oh well, at least I have another almost identical pair, but nothing shall replace the original, faithful friend.

No comments: