Monday, January 01, 2007

Steamboat Take 1

I didn't post up any photos of our recent steamboat dinner at our place. This was mainly because everyone got quite sick and I thought that it was an event best left unblogged. We threw out our steamboat stock cubes and most of the food as a result! Regardless, there were some nice pictures from the night, so in good blogging spirit, I've decided to do a post after all.

After craving steamboat for quite some time, we were mucho excited at the prospect of finally having some seafood soupies. To make a long story short, housemate was sick almost immediately after dinner and Smee became ill with stomach bug for the entirety of the next day. In an act of deep compassion, I also became sick the following (Christmas) day.

Anyhow, here are some photos of our dangerous steamboat dinner.

Playing with prawns


Our dinner ready for comsumption.

The obligatory close up shot

And another one

And one more

Me and Smee

Dinner time!

This is how Smee felt after steamboat - squashed by a hippo. Alright, I realise there's a discrepancy with his clothing.
Everyone is a little bit scarred from this steamboat venture. I've decided to take my chances anyway and join the rest of the Circle for steamboat on NYE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

But I like the steamboat...hehe, i am the only non casualty...only because I only nibbled at the food..:)

Anonymous said...

You guys been checked for Hep A/B/C yet? hehe.....j/k.

This incident has not put me off steamboat. But it has put me off eating steamboat in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, get off me Hippy!