Friday, January 05, 2007

My Parcel

As part of my moving over here, I had a single box of personal items shipped from Melbourne to London. Just in case you're interested, it was just mainly clothes, minimal textbooks and the top half was my SK-II stash and a years supply of daily disposable contact lenses. Given that it was just ONE box, it was financially justified for me to do this via air freight (door to door delivery) rather than wait three months for it to arrive via sea cargo.

Well, everyone knows what a box looks like right? Cuboid, often rectangular, but otherwise regular with sharp right angled corners. Well, that's how mine looked when I shipped it off. This is how it looked when it arrived at my door two and half weeks later:


I question how DHL managed to f#$k it up so badly.

I dont even know what to call that shape. It's a quadrilateral of some sort, maybe a rhombus or a trapezium. I couldn't even remember what the strict definition of rhombus is. Through the wonders of the internet, I now know that it's not a rhombus, rather a it's a trapezium (but only in the American English sense).



Here's a close up shot. A nice broken box. Lucky I have super-powers in the packing sense. Nothing was damaged as I had smartly packed an IKEA cloth shelf at the bottom, still in it's plastic cover. I do recall contemplating removing the plastic cover though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm dreading packing - going to have multiple boxes!!! Probably 100 kg worth of stuff. Going to need lots of advice babe :)

peishapan said...

Frank that is a big stuff up - you should complain!! They definitely dropped that box from a few stories high!

Pooey said...

my advice? dont use anyone who uses DHL as their carrier. Not only was my boxed f#$ked to the core, their admin services are full of stupid people. you can even find a forum if u type 'dhl sucks' in google