Sunday, January 21, 2007

Girly Sunday

As a protest to Bao's apartment being invaded by soccer (sorry - football) watching men, us chickie babes went out for a bit of a girly day. Well, more like a girly afternoon with Baoey, Lil Miss J and Leesh.

First was yum cha, where it always helps to speak Cantonese. Who had the best Cantonese? Errrr me! This only helped when we arrived and they asked in Canto "how many seats?" and I proudly held up four fingers. This also was handy when we had to order the Hom Sui Kok and we didn't know what English description to tick on the order form. Apart from that, we were pretty pathetic. The hom sui kok never arrived anyway.


Lil Miss J fattening up Bao Bao.

Bao's mango pudding - a far too realistic goldfish.

Afterwards, we went and watched Little Red Flowers, a mainlander film about a little boy who spends his days at a boarding school kindergarten, post WWII. Yes, I admit that I did walk out of the cinema and say "I hate kids" but maybe I should clarify.

Just because I am a woman of procreating age it should not be expected that I will goo-goo ga-ga at every child on the street. A bratty child crying is especially NOT cute. Children that have prominent ears are NOT cute. Alright only a handful are but I'm sorry, but they're just going to want otoplasty as adults and they will curse their unfortunate gene pool.

I'm not going to be biased either. Yes some of my baby cousins are cute, others are not so. And even the cute ones can become icky children. Being one of the eldest cousins, I am quick to discipline them with an evil stare and a stern warning. I'm not saying "Death to all Children" - I was one once! Nor am I the evil Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Nor will I ever tell a child "YOU'RE UGLY". Imagine the effect on their mental health!!! But I'll give credit where it's due. I like holding babies!!! Especially the cute ones!!! And I love the smell of babies!!! And how smooth their skin is! My baby cousin E was an especially cute baby, but he's in that 'terrible twos' stage now - ergh, his poor mother is going crazy.

Anyhow, this movie had plenty of scenes where the main protagonist was crying or sooking. *bleah* That surely does not make me turn on any maternal instincts whatsoever. Kids running around, talking rudely, screaming, defecating and urinating (all in the movie) - there is nothing appealing in that.

Oh, by the way, I DID enjoy the movie. But it just re-iterated that I don't really like kids. I would be shite school teacher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi frannie sluttie i miss u

Mishymoo said...

I am gaining my sanity back since Ethan is starting to speak to me when he wants things instead of screaming/crying.