Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ginger

While standing in the queue at Waitrose (a most fabulous supermarket which needs to open in Australia), I got sucked in by the impulse-buy product placement. 
How could I say no to a Gingerbread Man smiling at me like that?  

I have decided to call him Ginger - pronounced with a 'g' like how you would say 'go' and the 'ging' rhyming with 'king'.  So it's Ging-er.  Yes I am being that specific.  

I snuck him into my shopping basket while Smee ran off to get some outstanding goods.  When we got to the cashier, the attendant pulled Ginger out and scanned him.  Smee gave me a look and asked, "How did that get in there?"  The cashier knew the women's sneaky-shopping code and promptly packed Ginger safely into the shopping bag.  "He's cute!" I retorted.

Smee has now taken a liking to Ginger and won't let me eat him anymore.

No comments: