Friday, February 19, 2010

Worst Won Ton Noodles Ever

My flight 'outta here' has been delayed by an hour. Ho hum. Naturally in my rush to leave I left no time to eat, anticipating that I will chomp on something once I got to Adelaide airport.

I'm well aware that airports generally do not have a plethora of awesome dining venues. I was hoping for a Maccas snack but they only had Hungry Jacks. After deciding that I didn't really want a burger after all, I chose to order the won ton noodles from Billie Chu.
I have to say - these have to be the worst won ton noodles ever. Dont get me wrong - I WAS expecting a bastardised bowl of the famous dish but I feel like these chefs didn't even put in any effort. They were all Asian chefs, they should know better but maybe they're so depressed that they just can't be bothered anymore.

I'll just list all the wrong things here:

Hokkein noodles instead of won ton or thin egg noodles.
Carrot as a garnish. Wtf.
Capsicum in the soup. Wtf.
Baby bok choy in the soup. Probably passable but choy sum or kai lan would have been more appropriate.
The won ton themselves were not in the ideal egg skin but I'll let that slide. I am unsure of the meat filling and whether or not it included prawns.
The stock was the expected bland with a hint of MSG.

Despite all that was wrong, I ate it all cos I was so damn hungry :( and didn't want to supplement my meal with a burger.

4 comments:

mallymoodle said...

I tink the baby boks as vegetable is passable but I agree that for won tons it should be thin egg noodles and no capsicum in the soup!

Methinks they are being tightasses by refusing to serve diff types of egg noodles.

SuBoo said...

I am troubled by the carrot and capsicum additions. Admittedly it adds colour to the noodles but seriously... wtf...

Lynn said...

You live a hard life huh?

I now have to go change a stinky nappy......lol....

Pooey said...

life is so hard.. eating and complaining about food... it's a tough, tough life