Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dru-Poo and L-Poo's Wedding

Now, here was the real reason for my trip to Sydney - Dru-poo and L-poo's wedding! 

Yesterday I was one of the lucky guests invited to help celebrate their super-SUPER fun day.  Seriously, one of the most fun weddings I've been to.  It was one of those days where you could feel make-up melting off your face and I sure had a good case of 'the shines'.  My lovely host YL chauffeured me to the church ceremony (she's the best!) and while I was early (15 minutes), I didn't think I was that early - Dru-poo wasn't even there yet!  Meanwhile, L-poo had so much time on her hands that she managed to update her FB status advising us that she was on her way to the church..
The happy couple.

The reception was at Dockside, Cockle Bay Wharf and yes that place does bring back memories of a uni ball.  I had returned to YL's for a change in outfit (making sure I maximise cost-per-wear) and met up with a few others for pre-dinner drinks.  Stupid me decided that King Street Wharf wasn't too far a walk from Chinatown and with the sun beating down on me, I broke out in a giant sweat well before reaching my destination.  Ugh. 
Us and the bride and groom.

Num, num foods.  Seafood entree, fish or meat main and pineapple pannacotta... mmmm.

I can't gush enough about Dru-poo's genuine, heartfelt speech.  I would have say it was one of the best groom's speeches I've ever heard.  *sniff sniff*  There musn't have been a dry eye in the room.  AW and I couldn't look at each other for fear of breaking out in tears and ruining our mascara.  Dru-poo's Daddio and best man also churned out goodies too. 

The fun continued on with everyone (and I really do mean EVERYONE) getting up and dancing.  I've been to many weddings whereby the dance floor was left empty.  How sad!  :(  You couldn't resist the par-tay mix.  It was certainly top notch and clearly influenced by Dru-poo.  The live band Brown Sugar were awesome!  Their RnB covers were so, so, SO good!  I was also pretty proud to see that we Asians refrained making the giant-asian-dance-circle formation.
Dru-poo and L-poo getting their groove on.

Throwing the garter. 

The coolest fortune cookie message I've seen and my bonbonniere, a personalised drink coaster. 

The happy couple are now off to enjoy their five (yes five) week long honeymoon.  All the best guys!

4 comments:

SuBoo said...

You don't look overly shiny at all!

Lynn said...

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I wish I was there. One of the funnest weddings you've been too? Choose your words wisely. lol. Did leslie throw the bouquet? who caught it?? hehe...

Pooey said...

yes it was 'one of' the funnest. I was very careful with my word choice!!

Yep she chucked the bouquet.. some girl caught it .. i do not know her..

suboo - i blotted up my make up so i was less shiny.. but if you could see me up close.. i looked like plastic

SuBoo said...

Plastic fantastic!