Saturday, December 13, 2008

Making Up for Lost Time

We jetted into Hong Kong yesterday mid afternoon-ish which left us plenty of time for feasting. Last time there was no chance for the usual seafood gorge at Sai Kung. To make up for lost seafood fest time, we headed over there for dinner. On our next trip, we'll probably test out the gorging ability at Lamma Island. But for now... this will do....

A dubious looking clam.


An equally dubious looking abalone. Well actually, it's quite normal looking.


Razor clams - gimme gimme!


Razor clams, you are mine.


Damn, the gang of dubious clams strikes again. Ok, their real name is Geoduck.


The geoduck served. It is cooked steamboat-style and has a texture similar to abalone. Quite tasty too!


You would think that I was sick of pippies. No... not the case at all.


I know it's a bit odd, but cheesy lobster is so nice!


This time we went for a classic dish - salt and pepper squid.

So we went a little overboard with the number of dishes but at least we didn't fill up on rice.

Our hotel was nothing fantastic but at least it was nice to know this:



We only had time for lunch today before heading off to the airport and no I wasn't sick of seafood. In fact all I wanted was sushi - Itamae sushi to be specific. This time I did take my camera and here are my morsels.

Conch, sea urchin, eel, mackerel, kingfish, seabass and other fish types I don't remember. Yummo!!!!!

Now, off to the airport for the cramped flight home. I'm hoping it won't be full but the chances of that are very slim.

1 comment:

J said...

mmmmm... all looks delish!!