Friday, December 12, 2008

Free Upgrades Rock!

Our trip back to London included a one night stopover via Hong Kong. Yes!!! I have been given the opportunity to compensate for the food poisoning endured on the previous leg. While checking in at the airport, Smee approached the customer service desk to query if we could skip the masses and check-in at the members counter instead. Lo and behold his old high school friend was sitting at the desk. She then proceeded to give us a complimentary business class upgrade :D This meant that our luggage was no longer over the limit. :D The bad thing was that she couldn't upgrade us on the leg that mattered; the HK to London bit. I would trade my business class Oz-HK leg for HK-London business class anyday.

Me being the long haul business class virgin had to ensure that I made the most of this opportunity. Like an annoying child, I pushed all the buttons on my chair, used the different massage functions, took my Bose headphones on and off their hook, pushed my TV in and out and read the magazines on offer. Of course, I also had to photodocument my first ride.

Here I am demonstrating the supine position.


Large screen TV, olives and a mocktail if you please. Yes that is a table cloth on my tray table.


Pondering over the aeroplane's class divide. Oh how I pity those in cattle class.


My friendly next door neighbour, Smee.


Yes indeed, I would like to have my lunch now.

Needless to say, the eight hour flight just FLEW by. Do you hear that *whooshing* sound? I slept soundly on a plane for once. I might have even snored. Not looking forward to the 12 hour economy flight from Hong Kong to London.

1 comment:

SuBoo said...

OMG how good does that look...
Esp since my recent jaunt to KL was on AirAsia...